OK, I’m going to actually try to read some adult books this year (managed about 300 kids’ books and 20 adult books last year).
- The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell. Classic, gothic creepy.
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall. The culture and history of ultra-running (with opinions on evolution and footwear). Inspiring and fun.
- Manhood: the Bare Reality by Laura Dodsworth. Men’s relationships to their penises. Lots of anxiety, less relaxed love and fun. Quite miserable.
- My Name is Leon by Kit de Waal. Painful and poignant but beautifully told story of adoption.
- Other Household Toxins by Christopher Allen. Merciless flash fiction. Excellent.
- You Can’t Spell America Without Me by Alec Baldwin and Kurt Andersen. It’s sad that it’s funny.
- The Story of Life by Chris (Simpsons Artist). Flanimals meets Edward Monkton.