OK, it’s 2021, let’s see if I can actually read this year, and catch up on a year of missing books.
- Mouthpieces by Eimear McBride. Tiny, skeletal, restless.
- Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin @griffski Magic, coming of age, talking cat — all good.
- Think Like A Monk by Jay Shetty (audiobook). Mindfulness and enthusiasm for life. This is my relax-zone.
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite. A gift from my brother.
- Paris for One by Jojo Moyes. Light fun.
- The Strawberry Thief by Joanne Harris. Exquisite, motherhood and spice.
- The Other Side of Better by Michelle Elvy. Beautiful tour of the world via a series of short fictions.
- Maid by Stephanie Land. A single mum’s journey through poverty — true and important. Good.
- Coming Clean by Liz Fraser. Memoir, alcoholism, parallel themes to Maid; the woman carrying the family, but a different picture. Interesting to read two women’s different approaches.
…OK, in 2022, I will log my reading. It will happen…
All the People Were Mean and Bad by Lucy Caldwell